Meeting Held In Yerevan June 4-9th
- A delegation of NCWA consisting of Luciana Minassian and Souren Seraydarian met the newly appointed deputy minister of the Diaspora Mr. Babken Der Grigorian. The discussion focused on the present activities of the organisation and particularly the work of the joint legal working group and the 19 January initiative of the peoples of Asia Minor.
- The same delegation met Mr. Sahak Sargsyan at the ministry of Foreign Affairs dealing with neighbouring countries and who used to intervene, while assigned to the Permanent Mission of Armenia to the United Nations in favour of Armenian NGO’s such as NCWA applying for consultative status in ECOSOC. The planned meeting with Mr. Vahan Kazhoyan could not take place due to his absence out of the country. Mr. Kazhoyan is the Director of the Department of International Organisations, Secretary General of the Armenian National Commission for UNESCO, Head of the Inter-Agency Working group for Combating Trafficking in Human beings. Meeting will be scheduled in October.
- A delegation consisting of Harutyun Marutyan and Souren Seraydarian met Mr. Armen Kharatyan, the recently appointed Advisor of the Prime Minister at Baghramyan 26.The meeting focused on all the past and new activities and programs of NCWA. Written briefing was provided on the eve of this meeting by Mr. Marutyan in addition to an oral briefing and discussion that lasted one hour.
- It was agreed that regular contacts will be maintained with his office with the aim of exchange of information and harmonisation of activities while observing the independence of NCWA as an NGO. It is the first time that we have a focal point in the office of the Prime Minister. Another colleague of NCWA will be joining soon the team of the Prime Minister. Meanwhile Mr. Vladimir Vardanyan, the Coordinator of the Joint legal working group has been appointed Head of the Staff of the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Armenia.
- The internal working group on legal affairs met twice. It was decided to hold a joint meeting with our Turkish counterparts in October 2018 in Yerevan to finalise the draft document taking into consideration the views of the foreign lawyers. Participants were Levon Gevorgyan, Lucine Minassian, Vladimir Vardanyan and Souren Seraydarian.
In the absence of Sevak Artsruni who was out of the Country a meeting was held attended by Garine Gevorgyan, Arakadz Akhoyan, Harutyun Marutyan, Levon Gevorgyan and Lucine Minassian. It was agreed to hold a video conference of the Council this fall or meet in Yerevan in the second half of October.